The Startl Team is thrilled to announce the participants of our first Design Boost focusing on mobile applications for learning. This group is comprised of diverse and stellar teams of committed innovators and we look forward to the week of March 15-19th as they immerse themselves in five days of human centered mobile design and development. Stay tuned folks. This is going to be fun!!
Over the course of the next several days we will offer everyone a deeper dive into each team. Below are just short descriptions to whet your appetite.
Our congrats to the participants and our thank you to all who applied.
DESIGN BOOST PARTICIPANTS
- EcoExplorer is a tool lets a user solve environmental mysteries by connecting them with real-world sensor data from the past or present.
- Educatek is building a platform to teach the sales process through interactive product training, personalized product, user recommendations and a social network to leverage sales best practices and metrics.
- Laser Recall is developing a brain fitness learning application based on a series of visual and auditory working memory exercises.
- MyVetwork is buiidling ‘how to’ applications for military veterans transitioning back into civilian life who are interested in starting their own businesses.
- Open Study is creating an effective mobile study tool for higher education.
- Project NOAH is a mobile application that nature lovers can use to explore, document, and discuss local wildlife and a common technology platform that research groups can use to harness the power of citizen scientists everywhere.
- Tag! is developing a user-adapted social networking application that is both a game and an educational tool emphasizing critical thinking, social learning, and performance feedback.
- ToonTastic is a storytelling and animation tool that empowers young children to create their own cartoons and share stories with other kids around the world.
- EduK8 is a social communication and collaboration learning platform designed exclusively for student, teacher, and parents using emerging mobile technologies.
- Startl Announces 10 Teams for November 2010 Mobile Design Boost
- Mobile Design Boost for November 2010 – Apply Now
- Startl’s First Design Boost – A Hit!
- Educatek by Frogtek – Design Boost Team Profile
- The Day After – Recap of Startl’s Mobile Design Boost