Ten Early-Stage Education Companies Selected for “Educators Innovators Showcase” at VC in Education Summit
The Venture Capital in Education Summit 2010 has selected ten early-stage education companies to participate in the “Education Innovators Showcase,” to be held on June 8, 2010 at Scholastic’s New York City headquarters. The Showcase offers innovators in the K-20 education market the rare opportunity to present their learning technologies to the Summit attendees, which include venture capitalists, angel investors, social venture philanthropists and private equity investors.
Participating companies were selected by representatives from the Venture Capital in Education Summit 2010’s host organizations, leading independent investment bank Berkery Noyes and Startl, a not-for-profit bringing investment to innovation in education and learning. All selected companies are pre-series A enterprises that have demonstrated market traction and are deploying innovative technologies for learning.
Selected companies include:
- Muzzy Lane—Web-integrated software platform enabling the next generation of immersive 3D Internet games.
- Bridgespan Financial—Delinquency Prevention Program fusing financial literacy, loan counseling and loan repayment protection.
- Launchpad Toys—Digital toys and tools empowering kids to design, learn and share ideas globally through naturally creative play patterns.
- Presence Telecare—Web-based speech therapy for schools using a customized platform and a distributed network of speech language pathologists.
- FairChoice Systems—Web and mobile technologies for institutions of higher education connecting students and staff to time-sensitive campus information.
- Watermelon Express—Cross-platform test prep and K-12 learning applications leveraging the power of technology, social collaboration and data analytics.
- Notehall—Online academic marketplace enabling students to buy and sell study materials including lecture notes, class documents and study guides.
- Irynsoft—Collaborative learning solutions leveraging social and mobile technologies to adapt to the lifestyles and wallets of online learners.
- Everloop—World-class, C.O.P.P.A.-compliant social networking experience for the tween demographic.
- CCKF—Intelligent, adaptive learning delivery system with a ground-breaking assessment approach.
The Venture Capital in Education Summit 2010 full-day event will be held on June 9th at the IAC building in New York City. The conference is designed to nurture innovation in education by connecting early-stage capital with transformative sector trends and innovative emergent education companies, bringing together venture capitalists, angel investors, social venture philanthropists and private equity investors with entrepreneurs, executives, foundations and other innovators in the K-20 education markets.
“Venture capital is the vehicle that propels early-stage education innovations into game-changing learning technologies adopted across the K-20 spectrum,” explains Jason Stoffer, a Principal at Maveron. “The Venture Capital in Education Summit 2010 helps investors get ahead of the curve, so to speak, by educating them about key drivers in the markets today, while introducing them to fresh ideas about the changes to come.”
In addition to Berkery Noyes and Startl, other sponsors of the Venture Capital in Education Summit 2010 include Hogan Lovells, Scholastic, CSG|PR and Parsons New School of Design.
- Late Nite Labs “Rocks” at Venture Capital in Education Summit 2011
- Calling Entrepreneurs – Education Innovators Showcase Deadline May 15
- Venture Capital in Education Summit Seeks 10 Companies for Education Innovators Showcase
- Venture Capital in Education Summit this week – “Third wave of tech innovation to revolutionize education…”
- Seeking Companies and VC’s for Venture Capital in Education Summit 2010