The Learning Challenge open competition sponsored by Disney Research has the goal of finding new and creative ways to use technology to make learning fun for kids. Teams must develop engaging computer-based learning appliations that will delight, insprire and reveal key learning concepts for children ages 7-11.
The competition is open to individuals or teams (especially groups of college students working with faculty advisors) who must submit work by June 7, 2010. A complete submission includes:
- a one-page abstrace
- one representative image suitable for use in promotional materials
- six supplementary images and/or maximum 5-minute supplementary video
The submission will be judged by a jury of industry leaders and experts. Twenty finalists will receive travel grants of $1,500 per team and free SIGGRAPH 2010 registration. The winners will be announced July 28 at SIGGRAPH 2010 in Los Angeles and will be eligible to receive a $10,000 cash prize, Disney R&D Tours, Disney Animation Tours and Walt Disney Studio Tours.
- National STEM Video Game Challenge
- Startl Announces 10 Teams for November 2010 Mobile Design Boost
- Startl $25,000 Prize for Open Educational Resources – Deadline December 10, 2010
- The Coursebook – EdTech Startup Wins Kauffman and Milken Prizes in June
- SXSW.edu – LAUNCHedu Application Process Now Open! Deadline Dec. 2, 2011