We are happy to present the Startl Prize for Open Educational Resources.
In partnership with the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and the Graduate School of Education at University of Pennsylvania, Startl will announce the winner this spring during the Milken PennGSE Education Business Plan Competition. The Startl Prize for Open Educational Resources awards the best business plan that leverages openly licensed content to change the paradigm around the production, delivery, sharing, and experience of learning. The intention is to catalyze models that increase access to and dramatically lower the cost of learning. Startl is seeking to inspire entrepreneurs to think creatively about how to incorporate open principles into their core business strategy.
To enter the competition, please visit http://nestcentral.org/business-plan-competition for information about the general business plan competition and judging criteria. To be considered specifically for the Startl OER prize, please indicate it as part of your overall submission.
The prize amount is $25,000. If interested, please submit a simple executive summary at http://nestcentral.org/business-plan-competition/by December 10. A full business plan is due in March 2011.
- 2012 Milken-PennGSE Education Business Plan Competition – Now Accepting Submissions
- SXSW.edu – LAUNCHedu Application Process Now Open! Deadline Dec. 2, 2011
- The Coursebook – EdTech Startup Wins Kauffman and Milken Prizes in June
- Disney Research SIGGRAPH 2010 Learning Challenge – Entry Deadline June 7
- University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education and the Milken Family Foundation Name Winners of the 2013 Education Business Plan Competition