PBS will be airing a new program- Digital Media: New Learners of the 21st Century – on February 13. The program looks at how technology is now a part of our children’s lives and how they are or are not being incorporated into the classroom.
Digital Media: New Learners of the 21st Century addresses this vital question, taking viewers to the frontlines of what is rapidly becoming an education revolution. The film, targeted at parents, teachers, and anyone concerned about education in America, explores how exceptional educators are increasingly using digital media and interactive practices to ignite their students’ curiosity and ingenuity, help them become civically engaged, allow them to collaborate with peers worldwide, and empower them to direct their own learning.
The program features a number of top experts in the education field including Startl’s own Diana Rhoten. They look at how digital media, the new technologies such as apps and tablets, aid children in learning by exploring systems and processes, interacting, collaborating in the digital media medium.
- Diana Rhoten Extended PBS Interview (VIDEO) Digital Media – New Learners Of The 21st Century
- New Report on Digital Media and Learning
- Videos from Startl’s Digital Media Meetup – May 2010
- MacArthur Foundation Announces Winners for Digital Media and Learning Competition
- Digital Media and Learning Competition 4 – Deadline Oct 14