June was a fantastic month for The CourseBook. Alexandre Scialom, one of 23 entrepreneurs in the Kauffman Labs Education Ventures Program, was named both the first prize winner in the 2011 Milken PennGSE Education Business Plan Competition, as well as the winner of the Hewlett Foundation’s Startl Prize for Open Educational Resources. The two awards include a total cash prize of $50,000 in funding to support Scialom’s company, The Coursebook.
The CourseBook is a directory of courses for lifelong learners seeking personal development, continuing education or online training and is an alum of Startl’s Design Boost November 2010 cohort.
- 2012 Milken-PennGSE Education Business Plan Competition – Now Accepting Submissions
- The Global Education Challenge $250k in Prizes – Enter by July 15 #edchallenge
- TheCourseBook Selected for Kauffman Labs Education Ventures Program
- Startl $25,000 Prize for Open Educational Resources – Deadline December 10, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education and the Milken Family Foundation Name Winners of the 2013 Education Business Plan Competition