Startl is happy to share the news that the 2012 Milken-PennGSE Education Business Plan Competition is now accepting submissions and Startl is doubly pleased to provide the Open Educational Resources prize of $25,000. This year there will be over $90,000 in prizes awarded! The plan is open to anyone who has an innovative idea to transform education. Proposals can be for nonprofit or for-profit endeavors and can be to improve any facet of the education ecosystem from early childhoon through K16 and even adult/nonformal/workplace learning; and the target audience can be anywhere in the world!
As we all know, despite the size and import of learning, there are immense challenges. Many hold out the hope of entrepreneurship to help solve some of these challenges. That said, until now there hasn’t been a single education business plan competition in the world and while entrepreneurship in bio tech, software, engineering and medicine is quite robust with clusters of start ups surrounding some of the world’s great universities, nothing similar exists in education.
The Milken Family Foundation and Penn have come together to be a joint catalyst for innovation in education, to help “create a space” for education entrepreneurs. If you have an idea to change the world, enter the competition.
We are proud to present our contestants with the following 5 prizes, totaling $90,000, and growing!
- The Milken Family Foundation, First and Second Prize to the best overall business plans in the competition. First Prize $25,000, Second Prize $15,000.
- The Startl Prize for Open Educational Resources: $25,000 Prize.
- The American Public University System Prize for online/distance learning within higher education: $25,000 Prize.
- The Non-Traditional Learner Prize for Innovation in the fields of Special Education and At-Risk Students: Prize TBD.
- Why Open Education Matters – Video Competition Winners
- Digital Media and Learning Competition 4 – Deadline Oct 14
- The Coursebook – EdTech Startup Wins Kauffman and Milken Prizes in June
- Startl $25,000 Prize for Open Educational Resources – Deadline December 10, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education and the Milken Family Foundation Name Winners of the 2013 Education Business Plan Competition