Tag: "featured"

The Student’s Advantage: Helping Struggling Students (VIDEO)

The Student’s Advantage: Helping Struggling Students (VIDEO)

August 6, 2012

The Student’s Advantage from TheBookstation on Vimeo. Most programs focus on helping students who are good or great become stellar.  The Student’s Advantage is a practical guide for struggling students in middle school and high school.  How?  By taking an approach which optimizes the students capabilities and providing practical steps from setting goals, developing strong [...]

Hoot.me team featured – Using Facebook with Study Buddies (VIDEO)

Hoot.me team featured – Using Facebook with Study Buddies (VIDEO)

August 3, 2012

The team of Hoot.me was recently featured by their alma mater, The University of Texas at Austin, by the Office of Admission.

MindSnacks raises $6.5 Million from Sequoia expanding educational games

MindSnacks raises $6.5 Million from Sequoia expanding educational games

August 2, 2012

As reported at Gigaom, MindSnacks – a Startl portolio company – has raised $6.5 million from Sequoia Capital. The new infusion of cash will allow the fabulous team (our opinion) at MindSnacks to add to their list of popular language and SAT prep iPhone games. From Gigaom – The MindSnacks Learn Spanish app currently ranks [...]

August is “Connected Educator Month”

August is “Connected Educator Month”

August 1, 2012

The US Department of Education has declared August Connected Educator Month.  Educators of all levels are invited to participate in a month of events such as webinars, forums, tours/expos and contests. Sign-up to learn, network, collaborate and innovate Webinars and other real-­‐time events—many headlined by education, technology, and community leaders—that you can register to attend. [...]

Universities and Industry – Partnering for Relevance

Universities and Industry – Partnering for Relevance

July 31, 2012

In Great Britain, the New Technology Institute Birmingham has risen out of Birmingham City University.  What makes the New Technology Institute different?  For one, they started asking advertising agencies what they were looking for in new recruits.  Agencies such as McCann Erickson, Golly Slater and Saatchi & Saatchi answered – and where there were gaps, [...]

Founder Institute – Create a Company and You Graduate

Founder Institute – Create a Company and You Graduate

July 28, 2012

If you haven’t heard for the Founder Institute, it’s a global training program where tech entrepreneurs are required to build a company in four months.  60% of students fail this program but the other 40% have yielded more than 500 companies. “For tuition of less than $1,000, students attend classes with one goal in mind: [...]

Voxy to List of 5 Startups Transforming Online Education

Voxy to List of 5 Startups Transforming Online Education

July 27, 2012

Voxy, a Startl Design Boost alum, was named in a list of 5 Startups Transforming Online Education by Zev Gotkin at Mashable. Along with Voxy were companies we’ve talked about here from 2tor who partners with universities to help build and market online degree programs to Udemy, a platform allowing anyone to build online courses. [...]

Why Open Education Matters – Video Competition Winners

Why Open Education Matters – Video Competition Winners

July 26, 2012

Creative Commons, the U.S. Department of Education, and the Open Society Foundations are pleased to announce the winners of the Why Open Education Matters video competition. The competition was launched in March 2012 to solicit creative videos that clearly communicate the use and potential of free, high-quality Open Educational Resources — or “OER” — and describe the benefits and [...]

News Corp Announces “Amplify” Mobile Technology to Disrupt Education (VIDEO)

News Corp Announces “Amplify” Mobile Technology to Disrupt Education (VIDEO)

July 24, 2012

Joel Klein, former New York City Schools Chancellor hired by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp.  as CEO of Amplify, News Corp’s k-12 education division.   The division will team up with AT&T to deliver digital learning products through 4G tablets for schools.  The goal is to change the way educators think about delivering education in the k-12 [...]

College Dumps Textbooks for iPads

College Dumps Textbooks for iPads

July 24, 2012

Regis College in Weston, MA is making the leap, stepping away from textbooks and buying tablets for students and faculty.  This is the latest in growing trends among educational institutions leaning more towards tablets than textbooks. “It’s very engaging to have multimedia capabilities in the classroom,” said Marla Botelho, chief information officer at Regis. “People [...]

Page 5 of 18« First...3456710...Last »